As an academically talented 11th or 12th grade student, you can apply for admission to the Gratz College Academy program. Choose from diverse college courses and take them with Gratz high school friends. These aren’t classes adapted for high schoolers; they use college curricula and mean a lot more when you apply to a highly selective university. And credits can be transferred, with approval from the college or university you decide to attend.
Gratz College BA level classes are offered to JCHS students during JCHS hours on Sunday mornings and Tuesday evenings and to JOLT online students. When teens complete their course selection application, they can select Gratz Academy classes. We’ll follow up with a special program application.
See what colleges and universities students who earned Gratz College credits while in High School have let us know that they were able to transfer in credits to here.
Download more information about the value of earning Gratz College credits here.
• You get a taste of what college is like ahead of time—before you take on the added complexities of adapting to a completely new environment.
• You establish relationships with college professors in a relaxed and supportive environment.
• You learn now, in high school, how to manage the challenge of a college course.
• You get a wider choice of classes that interest you.
• Your transcript shows you can handle a more rigorous course load—even if you’re not taking AP or IB classes.
• You accumulate college credits now—which helps you graduate from college on time or even early.
All of our students can request that their Gratz College transcript be sent to colleges in support of college applications. Any student who completes a Gratz College Academy course may request a Gratz College transcript be sent.
College Transcript Request Form (Please note that we will only accept digital transcript requests using this form. No paper forms will be accepted)
For students enrolling in our JOLT online program:
In addition to completing the JOLT registration form, students who wish to take Gratz Academy classes need to submit a high school transcript. Juniors must also submit two recommendations indicating you are capable of college level work. Seniors must submit just one recommendation to that effect.
JOLT Online Gratz Academy Application
For all students
To get more information about these procedures, contact the Office of Student Records at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-635-7300 ext.156.