Grievance Procedure

Students are entitled to bring grievances regarding, but not limited to, issues of: discrimination; academic concerns; financial assistance; disabilities; and disagreement with school policies (sexual harassment is discussed below).

1. If possible, students seeking to resolve problems or complaints should first contact the person or persons with whom they have the conflict.

2. If unresolved, the person seeking to resolve the problem may contact any of the following: his or her advisor; the Director of Student Life; the College Chaplain; or the Dean for Academic Affairs.  The student may be asked at this point to put the complaint in writing.

3. If still unresolved, students will put the complaint in writing and submit it to the President of the College. The President will attempt to resolve the conflict.

4. If a student feels that the President of the College has not adequately addressed the complaint, the student may then appeal the President’s decision to the Academic Committee of the Board of Governors.

5. If the student is not satisfied with the decision of the Academic Committee of the Board of Governors, the student may contact:

Pennsylvania Students

Pennsylvania Department of Education
333 Market Street
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17126-0333
(717) 787-3787

Middle States Association of Colleges & Schools Commission on Higher Education
3624 Market Street, 2nd floor
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104
(215) 662-5606

Maryland Students

Gratz College is registered with the State of Maryland, Maryland Higher Education Commission (“MHEC”) for a fully online Master of Arts in Education program.

Any complaints about the institution’s programs in Maryland can be made by contacting (i) Maryland Higher Education Commission, 6 North Liberty Street, 10th Floor, Baltimore, MD 21201, (410) 767‐3388,; or (ii) Office of the Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division, 200 St. Paul Place, Baltimore, MD 21202,
Consumer Protection Hotline (410) 528‐8662,