Study online or on campus. Learn more and enroll online ►
Israel Education is a pillar of our curriculum: We firmly believe that American Jewish identity and Israel go hand in hand, and we foster this connection through formal and informal programming.
JCHS collaborates with local, national, and international organizations that share our vision of Israel Education including AIPAC (The American Israel Political Affairs Committee), The David Project, CAMERA (Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America), The Israeli Consulate, The Israel and Overseas Office of The Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia, and RealLife Israel (a division of MASA).
1. Learn the roots of the contemporary State of Israel, its people, and the historical and religious connection to the Land.
2. Discover the ever-evolving bond among the Land, the State and the Jewish people.
3. Experience a thematic approach to Israel education through a thoughtful choice of subjects and by learning values that pertain to the American Jewish community today.
4. Select from a wide array of courses about society, culture and politics, and current challenges. You’ll explore the differences and commonalities between American and Israeli society, and how to further the bond between the two.
5. Get the opportunity to become proficient in Hebrew language, with an emphasis on verbal skills.
6. Get the opportunity to apply for special admission and take Israel courses for college credit through our College Advance Program, if you are a junior or senior.
7. Build connections with the greater Philadelphia pro-Israel community.