Welcome to the Gratz College admissions page! Applying for admission to Gratz College is your first step on the road to a quality education. Students enjoy customized curriculum, flexible learning options and a supportive, engaged community of learners. Explore a number of diverse degree and certificate options and choose the program that challenges, inspires, and excites you.
Application requirements for all other degree and certificate options:
1. Online Application: complete and submit the Online Application
2. Application Fee: remit the non-refundable $50 application fee. To pay your application fee online you will need a log-in and password which will be emailed to you in a few days after your online application is received. (You would also use this log-in and password to view and pay your tuition bills.) A check or money order may also be mailed to the Office of Admissions at Gratz College.
3. Résumé or C.V. Please email a current résumé or C.V. to email@example.com.
4. Personal Statement: Please write a personal statement describing your background, the important experiences that have led you to this step, your future goals utilizing this degree/certificate, and why you have chosen Gratz College. The personal statement should be 2-3 pages, typed and double spaced with your name and date at the top. Please email your personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name in the subject line.
5. Two Letters of Recommendation: Please request two letters of recommendation; one to address your academic competencies and one to address your professional competencies. Letters of recommendation should be on letterhead and may be scanned and emailed directly by the reference to email@example.com or mailed to the Office of Admissions at Gratz College. Contact information is required for all references. Students who have been out of school for a long time and do not have access to academic references, may request a second letter from a community/organization leader or another professional who can attest to their commitment to their area of study in some way.
6. Official Transcripts: Request transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities be mailed directly to:
Office of Admissions
7605 Old York Road
Melrose Park, PA 19027
Note: Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES) and sent to the Office of Admissions at Gratz College. WES is a private enterprise who charges a fee for their services. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.wes.org.
7. Interview with members of the faculty (in person, via Skype, or by telephone) – required for Jewish Education and Jewish Communal Service applicants.
8. Official copies of TOEFL scores are required for those whose native language is not English.
Additional Requirements for Doctorate in Jewish Education Applicants:
1. Three letters of recommendation are required for Ed.D. candidates If you are new to Gratz College, please request three letters of recommendation; one to address your academic competencies and two to address your professional competencies. If you are a graduate of Gratz College and already have two letters of recommendation on file, please request one additional letter.
2. Two writing samples are required, such as articles you have had published or papers you have written. Please email them to email@example.com.
3. Two years full-time work experience in Jewish education or a related field.