Kol Emet Preschool and Religious School (Yardley, PA) has openings for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Preschool assistant teacher for 3 year old class, M-F, 8:45am-12:15pm
- STARS Administrative Assistant Tu/W/F, 8am-12pm
- Religious School Teachers Tues. and/or Weds. afternoons (no Sundays)
Kol Emet is an EOE. College degree and education field experience preferred
Contact: email@example.com, 215 493-8522 x4
Beth David Reform Congregation, Gladwyn, PA
Beth David Reform Congregation, a 360 family congregation just outside Philadelphia, is seeking a part-time Cantor or Cantorial soloist, for a one-year position beginning this summer, or possibly for longer term.
The specific responsibilities of the position will depend on the skill, experience and availability of the applicant. We are open to applicants who are only interested in pieces of the position, including the following opportunities:
- Serving as the cantor for High Holiday services, supported by a professional choir
- Serving as the cantor for Shabbat Services, including Friday night services, Family Services, and B'nai Mitzvah
- Tutoring b'nai mitzvah students
- Leading our volunteer adult or youth choir or band
- Creating musical programming for Synagogue events, life cycle events
- Serving as musical director for our Purim shpiel
Beth David’s home is a handsome recently renovated facility in a spectacular wooded setting. The 70 year old congregation prides itself as being a place where relationships matter and staff and leadership get to know members, where the value of L’dor va dor (from one generation to the next) is taken seriously and generations of the same families worship and learn together, where we strive for Tikuun olam (the repair of the world) through social justice advocacy and service. We would welcome a professional who will partner with our Rabbi, staff and members to enrich synagogue life with Jewish music.
Contact: Edward Hoffman firstname.lastname@example.org
Hebrew/Judaic Studies Teacher
The Alpert Family Aleph Bet Jewish Day School, a K-5 community day school in Annapolis, MD, seeks a Hebrew/Judaic Studies teacher for the 2015-16 school year. The position involves teaching Hebrew language and Judaic studies, leading daily t’filah services, and collaborating in planning Judaic programming. Applicants need to have strong Judaic background, fluent Hebrew, and elementary grade teaching experience. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic and creative, is able to differentiate instruction to capitalize on students’ individual strengths and address their areas of need, and can embrace our trans-denominational mission. Please send a resume and cover letter to Nan Jarashow, Head of School, at 1125 Spa Road, Annapolis, MD 21403, or to email@example.com.
Nan Jarashow, Head of School
Alpert Family Aleph Bet Jewish Day School
1125B Spa Road, Annapolis, MD 21403
Part-Time Website Support/ Graphic Design
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Manage website
• Plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate the operations of a webmaster.
• Meet with representative of all areas of the Gratz College community to ensure the website content is updated and accurate on an ongoing basis.
• Develop and maintain intuitive, user-friendly and technically efficient web pages.
• Produce applications, forms and related web pages.
• Keep files small so site loads faster.
• Design and prepare elements/graphic images for the web.
2. Monitor and maintain website
• Troubleshoot website operation, track site usage statistics and monitors performance.
• Locate and debug website issues.
• Make recommendations regarding purchase of technology resources.
• Optimize web architecture for navigability (browser and mobile platforms).
• Test website to see if there are any parts that are difficult to use.
• Test different browsers and ensure people with different computers can access the website.
3. Security Responsibilities
• Check the level of security in each site and update it.
• Make sure that the sites are secured and the user data they may incorporate is also safeguarded.
4. Perform other duties as required during working hours. Occasional nights and weekends may be required.
5. Manage Graphic Design
• Development of marketing materials
• Create and execute graphic designs from concept to pre-press production.
• Be involved in the layout and design of newsletters and print materials
• Mark up, paste, and assemble final layouts to prepare layouts for printer.
• Review final layouts and suggest improvements as needed
• Manage continuity to the Gratz image in print, on the website and on-line presence.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and training in computer science, information technology, web communications, or digital media is required.
- Technical knowledge about the latest developments and internet features.
- Ability to work on Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium software.
- Portfolio of graphic work, print and online
Director of Education and Youth Activities
Congregation Or Hadash, Atlanta, GA
Congregation Or Hadash seeks an engaging Director of Education and Youth Activities to join our innovative and dedicated staff. This is a tremendous opportunity for an energetic, visionary educator who is eager to partner with a dynamic community. As our synagogue enters its second decade, we are looking to build upon a solid foundation of a love of Judaism, the people and the land of Israel, and a spirit of action, of Tikkun Olam. This position allows for flexible scheduling outside religious school hours on Wednesday afternoons and Shabbat mornings. It does include responsibilities on Jewish holidays.
Congregation Or Hadash is an egalitarian congregation dedicated to providing a warm and welcoming Jewish environment in which to build spiritual and social connections through prayer, learning, music and Tikkun Olam. We believe that a caring community is a holy community.
The Director of Education and Youth Activities is a senior staff member who will lead the congregation’s efforts to imagine, envision, create, and implement programs and curriculum to enhance the lives of our families and children. The Director will be called upon to use a full professional skill set, including hands-on education, supervision, ritual observance, and administration.
The Director of Education and Youth Activities directly oversees the synagogue’s religious school (Machon Hadash) as well as all informal youth and family educational programming, which includes activities for children and their families from pre-K through high school. The Director will report to the Executive Committee of the Board and will work in collaboration with the Rabbis and Executive Director of the synagogue.
The successful candidate will enjoy the support of a dedicated group of lay volunteers as well as a community that is committed to ongoing learning opportunities for children and families.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
Mizpah Jewish Educator Job Description
Job Title: Director of Lifelong Learning
Description: Mizpah Congregation in Chattanooga, Tennessee is a URJ-affiliated Reform congregation of 200 member families. We are a welcoming congregation that values the participation of our diverse membership in building a sacred community. We recognize that Jewish life is rapidly changing with new demographics and challenges in the modern Jewish community. In order to remain vibrant and relevant, Mizpah is seeking innovative responses to the realities of 21st century Jewish life. We are changing our approach to education across the life span with a new position: Director of Jewish Education/Lifelong Learning. The Director will work closely with the rabbi, the congregational President, and current and prospective members to foster meaningful relationships within the Mizpah family.
- Develop and administer educational programming for children, teens and families
- Oversee Adult Education
- Develop connections with UTC and other college students
- Create innovative approaches to communicate and market Mizpah’s educational programs with the goal of growing our membership each year
- Organize worship services for preschool and school-aged youth
- Direct family-oriented Jewish holiday programming
- Oversee Mizpah Academy (midweek Hebrew program)
- Coordinate the B’nai Mitzvah program requirements and assist the Rabbi with tutoring
- Supervise Temple Youth Group programs
- Participate in educational programs at the Sunday Chattanooga Jewish Community Religious School and serve as a non-voting advisor to the CJCRS Board
- Assist in promoting URJ Camp Coleman and NFTY Camp
- Develop and administer adult education programs and classes, including arrangements for appropriate setup, publicity, and staffing
- Attend and present reports at appropriate meetings (Board of Directors, Education Committee, etc.) as requested
- Possess a warm, caring demeanor and proven ability to work with all age groups
- Work collaboratively with professional staff, lay leaders and volunteers
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in Judaic youth program development and education
- Proficiency in Hebrew
- Strong interpersonal skills for fostering collegial relationships among the rabbi, educator, and constituencies within the congregation
- Excellent computer, social media, written, and verbal communication skills
- Salary: Commensurate with experience
Rabbi and Education Committee
Please submit cover letter and resume to Warren Dropkin, Search Committee Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Head of School Job Announcement
Heritage Academy is a co-educational private Jewish day school serving children from Kindergarten through Eighth grade. We are located in Longmeadow, Massachusetts, on the Jewish Community Campus. Our academics challenge the intellectual curiosity of our students, by offering a dual-curriculum in both secular and Judaic studies. We are a member of the prestigious Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE). In conjunction with our strong academics, we offer our students a multitude of unique opportunities to learn and grow. The Leader In Me initiative, our co-curricular opportunities, and our community service model create an overall learning environment that instills a strong set of values and self-confidence in our students. Furthermore, technology has always played an important part in the curriculum at Heritage Academy. Most recently, through the efforts of the Jewish Federation, we are proud to have become a partner with World ORT Kadima Mada
(WOKM) as their first pilot school in the United States. WOKM has been providing cutting edge technological
tools and pedagogical training to enrich the teaching and learning environment in classrooms throughout Israel, as well as in Europe and South America.
Heritage Academy is seeking qualified applicants prepared to take on the vital role of Head of School. A dynamic leader with foundations in education, leadership, and business management will have an opportunity to guide and enhance an educational institution that focuses on academic excellence, positive student experiences, and strong Jewish values within a welcoming and engaged community. The Head of School, in collaboration with an active and supportive school board, will have the overall responsibility for the academic quality of the dual curriculum and financial sustainability of the institution while supporting its mission. The Head of School will embrace the role of chief ambassador by focusing much of their attention on recruitment and building and maintaining connections with the broader community. The successful applicant for the position of Head of School must demonstrate an ability to balance critical aspects of school leadership, including program review and enhancement, staff hiring and management, internal
communications, and strategic planning with external marketing, recruitment, and fundraising.
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal Head of School candidate will possess the following critical competencies/qualifications:
• Demonstration of embracing the schools’ mission and philosophy and being a vocal advocate for the
school to the broader community
• A track record of implementing aggressive recruitment efforts and exhibiting a proactive approach to
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with educators to ensure high standards of academic excellence
• Experience with and enhancement of development efforts, through greater involvement with the Jewish
community at large, alumni parents, alumni and school families
• Exhibited professional management of financial responsibilities related to operating a day school
Prospective candidates may apply by submittinga cover letter, resume, and three references to the following
email address: email@example.com If you have questions about this opportunity, you may
contact Dr. Joshua Weiss, Search Committee Chair at 413.567.1517