Educators are expected to complete the application process prior to registering for 12 credits in the program.
To be considered for admission, applicants must:
- hold an appropriate Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution;
- have earned teaching certification;
- have achieved a B (3.0) undergraduate grade point average or acceptable scores on a graduate entrance exam such as the Miller Analogies (MAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or the Praxis series;
- complete the application form and pay the non-refundable application fee;
- submit ALL undergraduate and any graduate transcripts;
- provide a Personal Statement;
- submit a copy of professional/educator certificate;
- provide two professional recommendations; and
- submit a professional resume.
With approval of the MAEd Program Director, a maximum of 6 graduate education credits previously completed through another accredited higher education institution or another Gratz College program may be transferred at admission. Transfer credits are considered electives.