Gratz College offers a Master of Arts in Education (MAEd) degree program designed for practicing certified teachers who seek advanced study in contemporary pedagogy and educational issues and/or individuals who require additional coursework to meet licensure requirements. In addition to P-12 teachers, the program is also beneficial for persons with teaching certification who work in the areas of instructional design, educational training, or organizational development in business, government, and not-for-profit agencies.
Approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education, the 30 –credit hour MAEd program was redesigned in 2015 to be delivered fully online in eight-week sessions. The online format accommodates working professionals from all geographic regions.
- Describe changes in personal teaching practices as a result of acquisition and application of new skills and knowledge
- Understand the diversity of learner needs in a learner-centered classroom.
- Interpret research on effective teaching and learning practices and how that research translates to the educational setting
- Effect changes in teaching practices as a result of acquisition and application of new skills and knowledge
- Evaluate learner needs and select appropriate instructional assessment approaches.
For more information contact the Office of Admissions at 215 635-7300 x140 or firstname.lastname@example.org.