Jewish Instructional Education
Master of Education (M.Ed.)
This 36-credit program is ideal for educators in day schools, supplementary schools, and those serving in informal education positions in a myriad of Jewish instructional settings.
The M.Ed. has a special tuition rate of $450 per credit (all courses are 3 credits), and qualified Midcareer Fellows receive a 25% tuition grant.
Required Courses (9 credits)
• EDU 516 Principles in Instructional Design
• EDU 518 Legal & Ethical Issues in the 21st Century Classroom
• EDU 522 Effective Learning Assessment
Concentration Courses (18 Credits)
• JED 510 Fundamentals & Orientations in Jewish Education (3 credits)
• Jewish Education Methods courses (6 credits)
• Jewish Studies and/or Jewish Education courses (9 credits)
Electives (9 Credits)
Students choose from Jewish Education, Jewish Studies, Holocaust & Genocide, Nonprofit Management, General Education
Prerequisite/Co-Requisite: College level Hebrew III or exam exemption
Students must achieve a competence level of Hebrew III by the time they complete the degree program. In order to meet this requirement, they may take Hebrew at Gratz College, transfer credits from another approved program, or place out by testing.
For more information, please contact email@example.com, 215-635-7300, option 3.