Participants in this course will learn practical strategies that will help them create a positive teaching and learning environment. The class will focus on how to set clear expectations; how to create and implement a positive behavior reinforcement plan; how to respond to student misbehavior; and how to handle challenging situations. The class is appropriate for both experienced teachers who need a little brush-up on their skills as well as for novice teachers.
At the conclusion of each course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the impact classroom learning environment has on their teaching and the students’ learning.
- Gain new understandings and/or review their knowledge of beneficial classroom management and relationship building strategies.
- Reflect upon if their students know what they expect when they walk into the classroom.
- Explore strategies for creating classroom rules that involve input from their students and the education director.
- Gain a new understanding of the benefits of having Madrichim in their classroom (if they work with Madrichim).
- Create a classroom management plan that includes a variety of approaches they will explore during this course and from their own experiences.