Job Posting Date: 4/12/2019
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR / HELP DESK SPECIALIST
The Systems Administrator/Help Desk Specialist will serve as an expert in specialty areas; networks and systems administration, information management, data collection, backup services, cloud services, databases and help desk support.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Configure, test, and maintain LAN equipment and services, including switches, routers, firewalls, and VPN.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve network problems including network connectivity, traffic utilization, etc. using available network tools in a timely fashion.
- Provide Infrastructure services in all areas needed: storage networking, Operating System, network security, directory services, server virtualization using system backup and restore, system and network monitoring, application installation and configuration.
- Determine an organization’s system needs and install network hardware and software.
- Make needed upgrades and repairs to network and ensure that systems are operating correctly.
- Maintain network and computer system security.
- Evaluate and optimize network or system performance.
- Add users to a network, and assign and update security permissions on the network.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation as it relates to server and network topology, equipment, and configuration(s).
- Identify alternative approaches to the design of current or proposed systems to meet mission objectives.
- Identify how system modifications or the integration of new systems or subsystems affect current systems and networks.
- Prepare cost analyses, establish target completion dates, and prioritize proposed systems changes or developments.
- Coordinate with vendors and service providers to upgrade and maintain campus infrastructure.
- Train end users in access, security, use, and customization of programs and software.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as necessary. Remain flexible and adaptable to work schedules and work assignments as defined by departmental and organizational needs.
- Participate in after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability as needed.
HELP DESK SPECIALIST
- Hands-on and remote desktop / peripheral maintenance, including hardware and software installation, diagnostics, configuration, and repair.
- Virus and malware remediation.
- Respond to incoming IT requests using a help desk ticketing system.
- Track requests through successful resolution or escalate as necessary.
- Actively communicate progress with end users.
- Prioritize and schedule IT requests.
- Personnel on-boarding and off-boarding tasks, including computer preparation and account provisioning.
- Coordinate equipment repairs with vendors including, but not limited to, HP and Lenovo products.
- Train staff on IT technology.
- Document process and procedures for IT and end users.
- Set up multimedia equipment for meetings and conferences.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Remains flexible and adaptable to work schedules and work assignments as defined by departmental and organizational needs.
- Windows Server 2008 R2/2016 Standard
- Microsoft SQL
- Virtualization: Microsoft Hyper-V
- Active Directory (Domains, Trusts, Users, Policies)
- Group Policy
- Network Print Services
- Power Shell, Scripting, Task Automation
- Windows 7/10 Pro and Mac
- Microsoft Office Suite 2010/2013
- Google Apps for Education
- Networking (Firewalls, Routers, Switches)
- Remote Access: RDS, VPN
- Aruba Airwave
- Veeam Backup and Cloud Replication Software
- Azure Cloud Backup
- SysAid Help Desk Management System
- Kaspersky Antivirus
- Blackbaud (Student Information System, Student Billing, Financial Edge, and Raiser’s Edge)
- Constant Contact
- 2+ Years managing a Mid-Sized Windows-based environment.
- Experience managing Windows Servers within an Active Directory environment.
- Prior experience diagnosing and troubleshooting computer hardware and software related issues.
- Prior experience working with network infrastructures, ports, protocols, and devices to include firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points, and network printers.
- Expert knowledge of basic computer hardware and all current supported Mac, Windows and Windows Server operating systems.
- Knowledge of computer system virtualization, data backup, and cloud-based solutions, and remote desktop technologies.
- Exceptional communication skills, strong documentation skills, self-disciplined, well organized, results-oriented, proven analytical and problem-solving abilities, and self-motivated with the ability to work both individually and within a team environment.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements.
- Able and willing to collaborate as part of a team in various roles.
- Respond to emergency situations effectively, maintaining poise and focus.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Lifting and/or carrying of 5-50 lbs. or more and the pushing and pulling of carts if necessary.
- Available to be on-call to work nights, weekends and holidays, if required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field OR 4 years of relevant work experience OR an Associate's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field and 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Certifications preferred but not required: A+ Certification, Microsoft Certified Professional or equivalent certification or Cisco Certifications.
Please send a letter of interest and current resume:
Suzette Martinez-Quiles, Manager of Information Technology
Position open until filled
Job Posting Date: 1/8/2019
DIRECTOR OF ENROLLMENT MANAGEMENT AND RECRUITMENT: GRATZ COLLEGE
Gratz College, located in Melrose Park, PA, is seeking a Director of Enrollment Management and Recruitment. With roots serving the Jewish community of Greater Philadelphia, Gratz College today focuses on a diverse array of primarily graduate credit and non-credit programs, offered in an online or low residency format. Among its programs, the College offers an M.A.Ed. in Education, an Ed.D. in Educational Leadership, an M.A. in Interfaith Leadership, an M.A. in Jewish Studies, and an M.A. and Ph.D. in Holocaust and Genocide Studies and an M.S in Camp Administration.
Gratz College is seeking a Director of Enrollment Management and Recruitment, who has responsibility for developing and implementing the strategic marketing, recruiting, and admissions initiatives for all of its’ credit programs. The Director will be responsible for managing a small admissions team, dedicated to providing high-level customer service, and for meeting all established enrollment goals. This individual will be tasked with providing the vision and direction to further the admissions functions in keeping with the vision and mission of the college.
Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Manage the daily operation of the complete enrollment and recruitment function and team
- Leverage technology, including paid and organic social media, Search Engine Optimization and paid search and social advertising to generate sufficient leads to insure enrollment goals are achieved
- Develop a thorough understanding of all credit programs offered so as to represent each appropriately
- Create a marketing and recruitment plan to insure enrollment goals are met
- Assist appropriate departments with creating a marketing and recruiting budget in keeping with goals
- Establish an appropriate recruiting cycle and schedule consistent with program start dates
- Establish an effective tracking and reporting system that includes leading to new start data
- Ability to analyze data so as to modify and refine enrollment tactics as needed
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for, and track record in, the total admissions process in a higher education institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive responsibility in an enrollment management department
- Ability to work independently and collegially with prospective students, program directors, and faculty
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule, including some evenings and weekends
- Excellent computer and social media skills with the understanding of their use in recruitment
- Demonstrated success in managing people and projects
This position reports directly to the Dean of the College. Close interaction with Program Directors is also required.
Please send a letter of interest, current resume, and names and contact information of 3 professional references to:
Dr. Honour Moore, Interim Dean
Position open until filled