Job Posting Date: 4/12/2019
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR / HELP DESK SPECIALIST
The Systems Administrator/Help Desk Specialist will serve as an expert in specialty areas; networks and systems administration, information management, data collection, backup services, cloud services, databases and help desk support.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Configure, test, and maintain LAN equipment and services, including switches, routers, firewalls, and VPN.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve network problems including network connectivity, traffic utilization, etc. using available network tools in a timely fashion.
- Provide Infrastructure services in all areas needed: storage networking, Operating System, network security, directory services, server virtualization using system backup and restore, system and network monitoring, application installation and configuration.
- Determine an organization’s system needs and install network hardware and software.
- Make needed upgrades and repairs to network and ensure that systems are operating correctly.
- Maintain network and computer system security.
- Evaluate and optimize network or system performance.
- Add users to a network, and assign and update security permissions on the network.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation as it relates to server and network topology, equipment, and configuration(s).
- Identify alternative approaches to the design of current or proposed systems to meet mission objectives.
- Identify how system modifications or the integration of new systems or subsystems affect current systems and networks.
- Prepare cost analyses, establish target completion dates, and prioritize proposed systems changes or developments.
- Coordinate with vendors and service providers to upgrade and maintain campus infrastructure.
- Train end users in access, security, use, and customization of programs and software.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as necessary. Remain flexible and adaptable to work schedules and work assignments as defined by departmental and organizational needs.
- Participate in after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability as needed.
HELP DESK SPECIALIST
- Hands-on and remote desktop / peripheral maintenance, including hardware and software installation, diagnostics, configuration, and repair.
- Virus and malware remediation.
- Respond to incoming IT requests using a help desk ticketing system.
- Track requests through successful resolution or escalate as necessary.
- Actively communicate progress with end users.
- Prioritize and schedule IT requests.
- Personnel on-boarding and off-boarding tasks, including computer preparation and account provisioning.
- Coordinate equipment repairs with vendors including, but not limited to, HP and Lenovo products.
- Train staff on IT technology.
- Document process and procedures for IT and end users.
- Set up multimedia equipment for meetings and conferences.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Remains flexible and adaptable to work schedules and work assignments as defined by departmental and organizational needs.
- Windows Server 2008 R2/2016 Standard
- Microsoft SQL
- Virtualization: Microsoft Hyper-V
- Active Directory (Domains, Trusts, Users, Policies)
- Group Policy
- Network Print Services
- Power Shell, Scripting, Task Automation
- Windows 7/10 Pro and Mac
- Microsoft Office Suite 2010/2013
- Google Apps for Education
- Networking (Firewalls, Routers, Switches)
- Remote Access: RDS, VPN
- Aruba Airwave
- Veeam Backup and Cloud Replication Software
- Azure Cloud Backup
- SysAid Help Desk Management System
- Kaspersky Antivirus
- Blackbaud (Student Information System, Student Billing, Financial Edge, and Raiser’s Edge)
- Constant Contact
- 2+ Years managing a Mid-Sized Windows-based environment.
- Experience managing Windows Servers within an Active Directory environment.
- Prior experience diagnosing and troubleshooting computer hardware and software related issues.
- Prior experience working with network infrastructures, ports, protocols, and devices to include firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points, and network printers.
- Expert knowledge of basic computer hardware and all current supported Mac, Windows and Windows Server operating systems.
- Knowledge of computer system virtualization, data backup, and cloud-based solutions, and remote desktop technologies.
- Exceptional communication skills, strong documentation skills, self-disciplined, well organized, results-oriented, proven analytical and problem-solving abilities, and self-motivated with the ability to work both individually and within a team environment.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements.
- Able and willing to collaborate as part of a team in various roles.
- Respond to emergency situations effectively, maintaining poise and focus.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Lifting and/or carrying of 5-50 lbs. or more and the pushing and pulling of carts if necessary.
- Available to be on-call to work nights, weekends and holidays, if required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field OR 4 years of relevant work experience OR an Associate's degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field and 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Certifications preferred but not required: A+ Certification, Microsoft Certified Professional or equivalent certification or Cisco Certifications.
Please send a letter of interest and current resume:
Suzette Martinez-Quiles, Manager of Information Technology
Position open until filled