IT Support for Events
Welcome to the IT support page for online and hybrid events hosted by Gratz College!
If you are participating in an event as a guest or presenter, members of the Gratz IT team will meet with you one (1) hour before the scheduled event to perform a tech check with all the leaders of the event.
To prepare you for the tech check please be aware of these items before we begin:
- Please have downloaded the Zoom app to your laptop or PC: https://zoom.us/download
- Sign in through the link provided to you from the IT staff.
- Add your name to the Zoom account as you would like it to appear to our guests.
- Don't adjust any of the Zoom settings unless instructed to do so during the tech check.
- Please make sure you are in a quiet, well lit room.
- Please make sure all other devices in your space are off or silenced.
- Please make sure your webcam lens is clean.
- If you are wearing headphones, or using any other secondary equipment, please have them ready during the check.
- Usually, we will use the same webinar/meeting link for the tech check as the event. Once the check is complete, you will shut your video and mic off until the event starts.
- During the event, please mute your mic when not speaking to avoid feedback or echoing.
- We recommend that you please have another device ready if you lose connection with us during the event.
- The IT staff will have prearranged the event following the instructions provided to us by our events staff. We cannot guarantee any last minute changes.
- Please discuss any concerns during the tech check- we are here to help!